Wobbel Board - Transparent Lacquered Wood Balance Board With Mouse Grey Felt
Is it a balance board, a swing, a bridge, a shop, a hut, a step, a racetrack, a lounge seat, or an elephant's back?
A Waldorf classic redesigned, this Wobbel wobble board will stimulate imaginative, indoor play.
Size: 90 x 30cm
Weight: 4.5 kg
Can withstand up to 200 kg of weight. Made using FSC beech wood, water based paints and EKO felt. CE tested and certified for children of 18 months and over.
This felted version is suitable for use on wooden or hard floors. Can also be used on rugs, but carpet or carpet pile rugs may adhere to the felt, reducing movement.
Use and safety
The Wobbel is a very mobile toy and, as always with these kinds of toys, parental or adult supervision is required. Especially for children of younger ages. A few guides for using the Wobbel:
- Make sure your child always uses the Wobbel under adult supervision;
- Let your children get used to the Wobbel slowly and help them by giving them a hand or two. Make clear appointments about what can and can't be done with it;
- Never wear socks or smooth shoes. Bare feet or shoes that aren't slippery prevent accidents;
- Take care with fingers at the edges. Teach your children from the first use to always keep their fingers away of the edges;
- Make sure the is at least 2 meters of free space around the Wobbel (including other children). Place the Wobbel on a level surface;
- The Wobbel is designed for indoor use. It can be used outdoors, but will wear quicker. Never leave outside, because water and moist will eventually damage the wood, paint, felt and or cork;
- Cork and felt are natural materials and are due to wear and tear. Make sure your children don't put pieces in their mouths. The untreated EKO felt can go pilling. This has no effect on the use. Optionally, you can remove the pilling with a lint clipper or by hand;
- If no cork of felt is underneath the Wobbel we recommend that you use a mat, carpet or rug underneath the Wobbel. This protects the Wobbel, your flooring and your ears. For vulnerable or floors that aren't scratch resistant we always recommend using a mat, carpet or rug underneath the Wobbel, even if there is cork or felt underneath. Unprotected parts can still damage your floor or the Wobbel could get damaged.
- The Wobbel can get damaged by the use on hard and or irregular floors. Especially pay attention with tile flooring. Cork and felt can protect when using it with the convex side up. If no cork of felt is on your Wobbel we recommend that you use a mat, carpet or rug underneath it to protect the Wobbel, your floor and your ears. With the concave side up cork or felt don't offer protection and we recommend using a mat, carpet or rug underneath it. Moving or dragging the Wobbel over these kind of floors with the concave side up the edges could get damaged.
- Users that are or were under the care of a physical therapist for their musculoskeletal system are advised to contact that therapist for proper use of the Wobbel.