Gender neutral gifts are becoming more and more popular. Whether the parents are keeping the babies gender a surprise or that they want gender neutral choices so they can be passed onto future babies or that they simply prefer a neutral colour palette. Here are some of our top picks for that all important new baby gift:
This is my go-to present for a new baby. In the early months you need an endless supply for wiping/covering/shading/swaddling the baby and they remain useful for years to come (We still use our bigger muslins for picnic blankets!).
A pack of high quality muslins is the perfect place to start for a new baby basket or for a gift by themselves. Here are some of our favourites:
Avery Row have a lovely range of gender neutral shades including Riverbank, Grasslands and woodland Walk.
Rosa & Blue’s muslin squares come with some lovely themes such as Brown Bear, Giraffe and Ocean.
- We also love the Wee Gallery muslin swaddles for combining beautiful monochrome style with functionality.
Towels & Washcloths:
Another super practical gift that will never stop being useful. A snuggly towel to use after bath time and some soft playful washcloths are a lovely gift for a new family, and there are so many gender neutral options available:
- You can't mention washcloths without talking about our favourite Sylvester 3 packs from Liewood. They are super soft and come in a range of playful characters.
Little Dutch have a gorgeous range of Face Cloth Sets and Wash Cloth sets in designs such as Little Goose and beautiful shade mixes like Pure Rust/Olive/Ocre.
- Both Little Dutch & Liewood have stunning ranges of hooded towels, perfect for that first bath time!
Books are a lovely gift for new babies, whether they are musical books, soft cloth books or monochrome flash cards. Here at Soren's House we have a lovely range to suit all your needs, here are some of our top picks:
Wee Gallery Art Cards For Baby are fab for propping up around the edge of the play mat or laying down for tummy time, all to help develop baby’s visual perception.
- We love the Wee Gallery Press & Listen Books for babies of all ages, with bold illustrations and magical sounds, they are perfect for keeping little ones entertained.
Its always a lovely idea to get a new baby a little soft toy companion for them to snuggle as they get older. Here are a section of our gender neutral faves:
Konges Slojd have a beautiful range of Baby Music Toys including Tiger, Walrus and Frais (The sweetest pot of jam!)
Little Dutch’s iconic Cuddly Toy Little Goose would make the most wonderful new baby gift; perfect for sitting on a shelf or squishy cuddles!
- We have a huge range of Miffy toys that are very popular for new baby gifts, with a huge range of shades and textures, there will be something to suit your brief!
Cuddle Cloths are also a huge favourite to add to a new baby basket or as a little gift. Liewood, Little Dutch and Avery Row have a gorgeous selection of snuggly cloths.
SEE OUR FULL RANGE OF NEW BABY GIFTS