The beauty of Montessori learning is letting your child choose their own pathways of learning. Setting up Montessori play at home is simple to do; simply lay out a small selection of open ended toys & let your childs imagination run free. A top tip is, if your child gets stuck or needs help, simply guide them to find an answer, rather than taking over or rushing to find a solution.
Here are some of our favourites for lovely open-ended, montessori play:
- First up we’ve got the Liewood Gloria Silicone Dice - a really simple toy with lots of opportunities for play. Let your child explore these tactile dice, use them for pressing into play dough, stacking, number recognition, crayon rubbing.
- Next up we love the Wooden Alphabet Play Blocks by Oioiooi - the most beautiful wooden letters you will ever see. This heirloom collection has so many play opportunities; letter recognition, shape recognition, state sorting, story telling & so many more.
- Plan toys cleaning set - a really simple wooden collection of cleaning accessories, perfect for role play activities, mirroring what they see day to day from mum & dad.
- Wee Gallery wooden wild animal tower - this is a really lovely wooden open ended toy, your child can use the blocks to make unlimited characters, stack them, colour sort them, line them up, to name just a few ideas!
- Wee Gallery Organic Sensory Ball - one for the babies, this puzzle ball is designed to develop your baby's senses. Your baby will explore this ball, enjoy the monochrome colour palette & feel the textures. Extend the play by hanging above baby so they can reach & kick the ball, & later roll & throw.